I wonder if any of Hayle Allotment Society members would be interested in joining a community seed swapping website that I've recently launched?
The website is www.seedswap.org.uk (link is external) and it's purpose is to facilitate the swapping and exchange of heritage/open pollinated seeds (not hybrids).
It's aim is to promote the practice of seed saving in Great Britain in much the same way as 'face to face' seed swaps do but doing it online instead. The website is, and will continue to be, completely free to use.
Recent blog posts
- Easter Egg Hunt (26,294)
- Crop Rotation ideas (26,204)
- Meeting called for Thursday 19th January 2012 7:30 pm Copperhouse pub (25,826)
- Awards for Allotments (25,689)
- AGM Thursday 4th April 7pm The Old Vestry (25,272)
- Hayle in Bloom judging day 14th July - Allotments feature! Please come! (25,140)
- Success for Hayle in Bloom - thanks allotmenters! (24,874)
- 2012 Dates for your Diary (24,341)
- A page of useful links (24,232)
- Stall at Hayle in Bloom Celebration 3rd June - it is happening now! (24,181)
- Meeting Agenda for 6th May (24,092)
- Presentation of the Best Kept Allotment Cup (23,854)
New Forum Topics
Active Forum Topics
- Community seed swapping website that I've recently launched
- My favorite inedible part of my garden is my rose collection
- Multi-buy savings on seed potatoes plus spring garlic available now - Delfland Nurseries
- Rob Smith, the globe trotting gardener and Winner of BBC2's 'Big Allotment Challenge' is proud to team up with Dobies to bring y
- Farmers Weekly on Twitter: "The first UK crop of sweet potatoes has been grown in Kent
- Ruth Nicholls on Twitter: "Read my blog - Save Our #Allotments!