This swede mash recipe is sweet, deliciously creamy and the pepper gives it a real kick.
|Source||Veg Box recipes|
- Peel the swede with a potato peeler. Cut into 2cm (1 inch) chunks.
- Peel or scrub the potatoes and carrots. Cut into chunks.
- Boil the vegetables for up to 20 minutes, until soft.
- Drain most of the water, leaving a few tablespoons in the pan.
- Add the milk and butter (if using). Mash well. Mix in the pepper.
Serves 4 as a side dish
If you've got some spare onions, add one (peeled and sliced into quarters) to the other vegetables and boil.
Experiment with adding your favourite chopped herbs, just before serving.