Made with cauliflower "rice", this cauliflower risotto / low-carb risotto is a light and healthy alternative to traditional risotto. Vegan and Gluten-Free.
|Source||Angela @ Vegangela.com|
3 Tolive oil
450 gmushrooms (chopped (I used just oyster, but any mix would be great))
1Cauliflower (head grated (either by hand or food processor))
1⁄4 cdry white wine
1 conion (grated)
2 clvgarlic (minced)
1⁄2 cvegetable broth (or stock cube and water)
6 Tpine nuts (lightly toasted)
2 Tparmesan cheese (vegan replacement nutritional yeast)
2 Tbutter (or vegan margarine)
1 pnpepper (to taste)
1 dstruffle oil
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a medium skillet and cook the mushrooms until tender; set aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat and cook the onions and garlic for a few minutes until the onion becomes translucent.
- Add the cauliflower and wine, and cook for about 5 minutes, until the wine has evaporated.
- Add the broth, reduce the heat and cover, letting it cook a few minutes. You’ll want the cauliflower to be “al dente” with a little texture so it isn’t just mush.
- Meanwhile, pulse together the pine nuts, nutritional yeast, and salt until it forms a powdery consistency.
- Remove the cauliflower from the heat and stir in the nut mixture until well combined. Stir in the margarine and season with pepper, to taste.
- Stir in the mushrooms and drizzle some truffle oil on top before serving.
No votes yet