Here's a favourite recipe for carrot cake. There are many different versions of carrot cake, but this one is particularly good. You should expect to receive many repeat requests for this tasty treat. Just be sure to refrigerate it as spoiled cream cheese icing is very nasty.
1 hour, 20 minutes
- Grease and flour a 9"x13" pan. Pre-heat oven to 325° F
- Beat eggs in a bowl.
- Add carrots and oil then mix.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix.
- Bake for one hour.
- Cool for 10 - 15 minutes in the tin, then remove cake from the tin and place on cooling rack to cool thoroughly.
Cream Cheese Icing
12oz cream cheese (at room temperature)
2.5 cups confectioner's (powdered) sugar
1.5 tbs milk
1.5 tsp vanilla
- Stir cream cheese until soft.
- Mix in the remaining ingredients until smooth.
- If the icing is too thin or runny to spread, refrigerate until thickened.
- Spread the icing on top and sides of cake.
Accept compliments graciously.
While some people insist that carrot cake contains raisins, this recipe does not call for them. Add them if you like, but this cake is outstanding without them.