Very interesting article on the more advanced US antiblight breeding project together with a list of varieties - more widely available in US than UK. Does anyone know of UK sources of any of these?
Blight-Resistant Tomato Varieties for 2014
- Defiant – Determinate (bush) plants produce round, medium size red fruits, rated at 70 days to maturity.
- Iron Lady – Determinate (bush) plants produce round, medium size red fruits, rated at 75 days to maturity.
- Jasper – Tall indeterminate (cordon) plants bear trusses of red cherry tomatoes starting 60 days after planting. An All America Selections winner and RHS Award of Merit.
- Lemon Drop – Indeterminate (cordon) plants bear hundreds of small yellow-green tomatoes in 80 to 90 days. Open-pollinated heirloom variety, a sport of 'Snow White' cherry.
- Matt's Wild Cherry – Sprawling indeterminate (cordon) plants bear scads of tiny red cherry tomatoes starting 55 to 60 days after planting. Open-pollinated heirloom from Mexico.
- Mountain Magic – Vigorous indeterminate (cordon) large red cherry tomatoes, rated at 75 days to maturity.
- Mountain Merit – Determinate plants produce large red round fruits about 75 days after planting. An All-America Selection winner.
- Mr. Stripey – Indeterminate (cordon) plants produce medium size round fruits marbled with red and yellow in about 80 days. Open pollinated heirloom.
- Plum Regal – Determinate plants produce red plum tomatoes weighing 3 to 4 ounces each, rated at 80 days to maturity.